The sciatic nerve is the largest single nerve in the human body, it is made of individual nerve roots that start by branching out from the spine in the lower back and then combine to form the “Sciatic Nerve”. The term sciatica is used to describe the symptoms of leg pain that originates in the lower back and travels through the buttock and down the large sciatic nerve in the back of either leg.
Common symptoms of sciatica include:
- Lower back pain
- Pain in the buttocks or leg that is worse when sitting
- Hip pain
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
- Shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
- Constant pain in only one side of the buttock or leg (rarely in both legs)
- A sharp pain that may make it difficult to walk
Chiropractic adjustments free restricted movement in the spine; this helps to restore misalignments in the body to their proper position in the spinal column. Spinal adjustments help to reduce nerve irritability responsible for causing inflammation, muscle spasm, pain, and other symptoms related to sciatica.
My team at Lifetime Wellness Center is here to help answer your questions. Please feel free to contact us today. If you enjoyed this blog post make sure to click the Facebook “Like” button above and share it with family and friends.